Croton-Harmon High School Chapter Information
Below is a roster of currently active members within the Croton-Harmon High School Chapter
- Amanda Magnusson | Chapter Student Advisor
- Marissa Gurka | Chapter Administrative Assistant
- Grant Aarons | Chapter President
- Taylor Vogt | Chapter Executive Vice President
- Sade West | Chapter Vice President of Program of Work
- Nicole Goldberg | Chapter Secretary
- Mary Kate Ricciardi | Chapter Treasurer
- Ashley Gurka | Chapter Reporter
- Pat O'Leary | Chapter Historian
- John Chin | Chapter Parliamentarian
- Julia Ledee | Chapter Public Relations Chair
- Nick Maniero | Chapter Membership Committee Chair
- Jack August | Chapter Finance and Fund Raising Chair
- Windy Aldeborgh | Chapter Community Service Chair
- Casey Schulze | Chapter Spirit and Unity Chair
- Sam Ettenberg | General Member
- Ashley Gurka | General Member
- Joe Murphy | General Member
- Michael Mianti | General Member
- Jonathan Harvey | General Member
- Stephanie Bartzick | General Member
- Stasi Forzaglia | General Member
- Nadime Azizi | General Member
- Elayna Kolbrenner | General Member
- Romy Chinich | General Member
- Dan Potts | General Member
- Blas Cherry | General Member
- Susie Garidner | General Member
- Vinny Patalano | General Member
- Meredith Vasta | General Member
- Sarah Swanson | General Member
- James DiChiara | General Member
The Croton-Harmon FBLA chapter was the brain child of their advisor, Lou Nardone, who had began the program in 2005 as a pilot club; a deal made with the board of education to see how FBLA operates and it's potential within the school system. Beginning with only five members in the very beginning, the chapters membership exploded within a few months; sky rocketing nearly 500%. Needless to say, the chapter was a smashing success, exceeding all expectations made by the board earlier that year. In September of 2006 the chapter was officially recognized by the Board of Education. The chapter has returned again in the 2007-2008 FBLA year, still as strong as ever.
Current Chapter Activity
- Mentoring and assisting the middle school chapter.
- Attending both State and National Conferences.
- Chapter-wide Movie Nights.
Chapter Fundraising and Community Service
- Selling of Otis Spunkmeyer cookies during school lunch periods for 50 cents each.
- Car Washes held in front of the school.
- Community Internet & Technology Days.
- Community Movie Night.
- March of Dimes Campaign.
- Thomas D. Fitzgerald III Memorial Walk & the creation of the organizations website.
- Bake Sales.
- Popcorn Sales during lunch periods.
- School Beautification.
- Midnight Runs.
Future Chapter Plans
- Increase local membership.
- Plan district gatherings.
- Outreach to a wider area for community events, i.e. advertising in local papers.
Chapter Awards and Recognition
District Awards and Recognition
- First Place Battle of the Chapters
- Second Place Coin Challenge